The concept of raising a request using ticketing systems for 24/7 support is becoming more appealing to organizations than ever before. The main reason behind this shift is the convenience it offers them. This means they can answer most of their customers’ queries instantly without making them wait in queue for hours.
Slack has enabled IT, support, and engineering teams to handle and automate many tasks for businesses collaborating with customers on the platform. However, it doesn't offer features like a ticketing system — yet. But Slack can be integrated with external apps to open ticket management into a channel (e.g., Zendesk and Freshdesk).
So, if you're looking for a ticketing system for your Slack workspace, there's no lack of options; luckily, they vary in their types, features, and costs. The purpose of this article is to present you with the top 10 ticketing systems we've collected for your communication needs. We'll look at their features, pricing plans, and other important things like security, integrations, etc.
A Detailed Review of the Best Ticketing Systems for Slack
The most critical feature of a ticketing system is its ability to create tasks, assign them to the right agent, and prioritize them based on their urgency. While most ticketing systems provide this feature, other aspects should be considered before picking the appropriate system for your customer support team.
Here's some information about the top ticketing systems that integrate with Slack, allowing for efficient tracking and management of customer service requests:
ClearFeed is an AI-driven conversational support platform that acts as a Slack-native ticketing system and also connects Slack with various customer service apps such as Zendesk, Freshdesk, and Hubspot and engineering apps like Jira and Github.
- Agents can convert a Slack message into a ticket by adding an emoji (🎫). They can also prioritize the incoming requests to the right person, status (e.g., in progress, on hold, solved, etc.), and add tags within Slack.
- Automatic syncing allows seamless comment transfer between the Slack request channel and the triage. This ensures that all parties involved, from support agents to product managers, are always updated with the latest information, promoting efficient, effective communication and helping to resolve customer queries faster.
- ClearFeed has specific capabilities designed to improve the visibility or clarity of customer requests or tickets. You can find information about each customer ticket, such as its status, which agent is handling it, priority level, and tags, among other details, that are readily available and easy to track.
- It allows immediate customer feedback collection, specified as enabled through Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) surveys. You can send out CSAT surveys to customers right after interaction or resolution, enabling immediate feedback that is beneficial for evaluating support effectiveness and customer feelings in real-time.
- ClearFeed’s platform is integrated with Confluence and can automatically pull relevant suggestions or information from the collaboration tool and potentially other knowledge sources. This can greatly aid the efficient resolution of customer tickets by bringing necessary knowledge to the agents within their workflow.
- It enables communication within the team that's not visible to the customer. Agents can use an emoji 🔒 to discuss ticket specifics internally and share information or advice about an issue and planning resolution strategies among support agents.
Zendesk is an omni-channel ticketing system designed for B2B customer support teams. You can integrate Zendesk with Slack, Jira, Microsoft Teams, and other essential B2B workplace solutions to bridge the gap between product teams and customers.
- Zendesk facilitates trigger-based notifications in Slack related to support activities. Examples include instances when the support team members assign a task, alter its status, or append a comment.
- This feature empowers the support team to generate tickets straight from the Slack app using an easy-to-use slash command.
- An Answer Bot is provided in Slack, designed to scan the Zendesk knowledge base and supply suitable, action-oriented articles whenever a customer poses a question within the Slack platform.
- The "side conversations" functionality in Zendesk allows agents to kick-start and engage in Slack thread discussions — all within the scope of a particular support ticket.
Zendesk is recognized as a highly favored ticketing system but grapples with the limitation of unidirectional synchronization for support operations. For instance, although agents can modify their status in Zendesk through Slack, they can't manage these within the communication platform. Additionally, accessing many important functionalities results in a hike in their license expenses.
Pricing: Zendesk offers seven pricing models that vary based on the number of agents. Here’s a quick annual cost overview:
- Support Team: $19/month per agent
- Support Professional: $55/month per agent
- Support Enterprise: $115/month per agent
- Suite Team: $55/month per agent
- Suite Growth: $89/month per agent
- Suite Professional: $115/month per agent
The pricing for Enterprises is tailor-made by Zendesk's sales team, taking into account the particular needs and requirements of the organization.
3. Hubspot Service Hub
HubSpot Service Hub serves as a ticketing authority for customer support teams, enabling them to rank incoming tickets and furnish customized solutions via chatbots and live messaging. This platform is crucial in enhancing customer relationships while increasing operational efficiency.
- HubSpot Service Hub dispatches notifications corresponding to CRM activities via Slack. This includes reminders for task assignments or due dates, mentions of particular team members, and form submission updates.
- It can transform a Slack conversation into a task, ticket, deal, or contact and then send notifications to Slack by establishing workflows within the HubSpot platform.
- Shares service reports and insights from Hubspot to dedicated Slack channels.
Pricing: Hubspot offers three pricing options listed below:
- Free: $0/month per agent
- Standard: $6.67/month per agent
- Plus: $12.50/month per agent
Freshdesk is one of the best ticketing systems that simplifies communication and collaboration among support, customers, and product teams. You can convert complaints into tickets and route them to suitable agents for faster resolution.
- With no need to switch tabs or initiate Freshdesk, Slack messages can be effortlessly transformed into tickets. Adding private notes, only visible to internal teams, enhances inter-group collaboration, enabling prompt and insightful resolution of critical issues.
- Expedite issue resolution by automating the delivery of Freshdesk ticket notifications to relevant Slack channels, ensuring real-time updates are available instantly.
Pricing: Freshdesk, like others, has four pricing models given below:
- Free: $0/month per agent (Up to 10 agents)
- Growth: $15/month per agent
- Pro: $42/month per agent
- Enterprise: $72/month per agent
5. Jira Service Management
Jira Service Management offers built-in support ticket templates and automation to meet a business’ support needs. It provides a unified overview of all customer complaints to manage and collaborate easily.
- Connecting Jira Service Management to your Slack workspace enables you to create a Slack channel for the incidents generated by the customers and receive notifications in Slack instead of email.
- Responders defined in the Jira Service Management system for a reported incident are automatically invited to join the Slack channel and can start collaborating with the customers immediately.
- Free: $0/month per agent (up to 3 agents)
- Standard: $22/month per agent
- Premium: $49/month per agent
Regarding enterprises, Jira Service Management (JSM) offers a more personalized pricing model typically determined based on many enhanced features.
6. Zoho Desk
Zoho Desk allows customer support teams to execute multi-channel support by offering smooth integrations with Zoho CRM, Slack, Zendesk, and other native applications. This tool empowers agents with contextual support and helps them stay productive.
- Receive real-time notifications on the right Slack channels every time a new ticket is opened or closed in the Zoho Desk app, reply to those inquiries, and get customer satisfaction ratings on the status of an issue.
- Sends a daily report detailing the status of open and closed tickets every morning and evening.
- Standard: $9.64/month per user
- Professional: $16.86/month per user
- Enterprise: $28.91/month per user
Ticketing Systems That Are Designed to Make Your Life Easier
Slack is a must-have business app, but if you use it for customer support, one of the most important features is that you can send your users to update their orders in Slack. The easiest way to do this is by setting up a ticketing system within Slack. In this article, we've mentioned a few ticketing tools and how they function in Slack. Each has its benefits, so you'll have to do some research based on your needs and the features offered by each tool.
ClearFeed’s ticketing solution is a great option for Slack users; it's relatively easy to set up and can streamline your team's communication. There are plenty of features out there, and above all, we offer reasonable pricing structures based on the functionalities that may fit within your team's needs and number of tickets generated. Would you like to know more about us? Book a demo today.